Fall For Me by Sydney Landon - Book Review

Beth has always lived in her outgoing sister's shadow, plagued by her own insecurity about her body. It's time for her to step out from the sidelines and experience what life has to offer then she's laid off from her teaching job, and has to rely on her sister to get her a job at Danvers International. Nick Merimon is gorgeous, wealthy, and a well-known playboy just the sort of man Beth has always avoided. But even she can't deny the sparks that are flying between them. He could be just the man to show her what she's been missing all these years. And after they share one heart-stopping night together, she is surprised when it leads to a relationship. But as their connection grows, and the realities of their romance begin to show, Beth will have to overcome both her own insecurities and her doubts about Nick's intentions if she's ever going to find lasting happiness.

My opinion:
This is the third installment in to the Danvers Series. Weekends Required being the first and Not Planning on You the second. I found this to be a good read yet again and not too heavy considering the nature of the situation. All the characters in this series are very likeable. However, in this instance Beth, with her insecurities was not as appealing as she was in the previous book. Nick, he really became a great catch this time around with him stepping up when needed and proving Beth wrong. Beth's sister Suzy was still my favourite character though and while the story revolves around Beth and Nick, Suzy steals the show with her quirkiness.

The plot was not as interesting as I had expected and this is where this one loses its appeal to me compared to its predecessors. I also found less emotion floating off the page than the previous two books and their declaration of love seemed to lack the build up I thought it would have. Nonetheless, it is still a good read for lazy day. I understand that there are going to be six books in this series and i'm hoping that Ella and Declan's story is in the mix somewhere. Their relationship is already intriguing me. (Ella and Declan both work at Danvers international as well).

My rating for  Fall For Me by Sydney Landon is: 4/5 stars.

Would I read this again: Yes

My recommendation: I recommend this to a mature audience due to adult content and language.

No comments:

Post a Comment